Today while chatting to somebody about rock climbing.. The person ended up calling her own parents “Bastards” .. And then she typed LOL..
This makes me think are we not getting carried away with the liberty the social reforms are providing us? Who should decide how far we can go or when to stop…Using the swearing words.. Like fuck and shit is so common…
I remember as kid.. mom gave me some new dish she cooked and .. When I tried it .. I exclaimed “Cheeee…!!” my Daddy made me eat the whole stuff and I was grounded for two days…:) that’s when I was introduced to the concept of “Anna Hein poorn brahma” :)and realised I was not suppose to use “chee” word for food. These days.. it is very common to hear the statements as “Shitty food!!” ..”Crap pizza”..
Other day I heard somebody telling me.. “My parents are fucked up!” Thought of using the word Fuck itself is indecent for me.. and using it for parents in any context was terrifying..
Now I’m grown up… old enough to think and talk about my own kids…I’m worried about them now.. Questions like.. How will I stop them from doing it.. even if we don’t use it at home.. they will come across this while in school and other social places…
Another thing I’ve noticed is, everything that is scary has become “Cool” for kids.. Corpse of the dead man stamped with the truck looks “Cool” to kids. Gone are the days when a neat pair of untorn stockings were fashion girls scratch their stockings to make it look cool :).. Either I’m growing too old for fashion or kids are going to far!!
This make me think:
How Far Is Far and How Much Is Much Much?? :)
Well keep the sunny side up!! :)
Cheerio,
Ash
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment