Calgary, Canada is a mystic place, varied in culture and I felt it to be very acute and a very radical place. Since I, being an Indian origin realized my predominance. It is a fact that when we find something new, we tend to become anxious, and since it was my first travel outside India I felt the same. The climate remains calm and cold. But, at this time of the year it is a summer season, but for us it is still cold, the temperature here varies from –6o C to 13o C during summer. I had never experienced a weather, which would ever remain so cold, even though it’s a bright sunny day outside. It was like the best treat I had ever had and the day remained too long, and very pleasing and the night slept with us.
Larry Hoffman, is in his late 65’s, enjoying life, though should have retired by now from work, but he says he enjoys working, an employee of Honywell-Houston came for an assignment here with me, technically professional, works like a tortoise, never looks back. I admire his attitude, as sometimes he gets carried away, though we are standing on the same branch, he never made me fell his experience, but, instead taught me how to take things one by one, and in the simplest way, But, he is so dear to me, a very soft-spoken personality, believes in teamwork. I believe Larry, taught me the best way to deal with different phases of life. And he still emails me even today. I am sure I gave him some Indian flavour.
I arrived here on 25th April, 2005, our flight took off from Mumbai airport to Frankfurt Airport, and then from there to Calgary. The 6 hours halt in Frankfurt, gave us a starter toast. Calgary airport was pretty worm inside, but I realized how cold it could be only when I opened the exit door, where Saurabh and Vijay were waiting for us. Vikram and Sachin, was experiencing the same otic. Saurabh, as hugh as he is, booked for a hugh car for us, so that we explore the place together.
Canada, though fascinating it sounds, is a very small and equally a very beautiful place, silent and enchanting, acquiring so many polite people from all over the world, who takes no time to become a friend. Many settled down here. As though, many at a first glance didn’t believe me to an Indian, but I found Jun to be more startled to know that I am an Indian. His parents were from Philippines, and he was the happiest man in the crowd, as he is now a US citizen. Jeff, our Project Lead, was equally very professional but slow, but he admires Engineers from HAIL.
Food is the only thing that drove me with palisade. I believe Indians are more superior and aplite in this matter. People here have Indian food as a treat, but very occasionally. I was every now and then fighting with the food habit here. Had to be very careful if I order any astonishing named burger, like the unusual Big Bacon which I ate the first time thinking that it would be good, but ignominy, I had to stuff it inside my stomach as fast as I could so that I don’t realize what I was eating, Ooo..that was too comburant. But, on the other hand I was enjoying my adventurous phase of life. An experience, which has drilled a dark and silent place in my sole, and a memory to last everlastingly.
My day started at 6.30 in the morning at Black-foot Inn Hotel, in Alberta, SE Calgary, and this is the time when the sun is already awoke. Sachin, as usual is ready along with Vikram, merging out from their room, knocking at room No. 125, where I stayed. Vijay, the most sincere friend that I had, is always there 10 minutes earlier, and exactly at 7.30 Saurabh and Rajeshri is there to pick us up. This is how my day started with loads of work ahead. I really thank god for making me a human, this is just because he wants me to experience the real meaning of life, relations and its journey to grow each day. I owe him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment